Count to 20
Running Time: 5 minutes Group Size: 5-20 Materials: None
A great activity to start a Communication block. Force a group to re-think how they communicate as a unit.
Organize the group into one big circle
Count to twenty as a group.
- One person begins by saying the number “1” out loud.
- Someone else says, “2” and so on until the group reaches 20.
- The next person to say a number can’t be sitting next to the person who just spoke.
- Two people can’t speak at the same time.
- The group can’t speak except to call out the next number.
- If any of these rules are broken, the group has to start over.
- [optional] Everyone must close their eyes.
- [optional] …
- How did you end up communicating with each other?
- Why was that activity difficult?
- You can add more restrictions and try again depending on the group’s responsiveness.
energizer, communication, quick, no materials
Didn’t find what you are looking for?
<10 5 practices of exemplary leadership 10-20min AllGrades Appreciation big group big groups Blindfold CallandResponds Calm Cards collaboration communication community building compassion Cooperation Debrief Debriefs Drawing Educator Empathy empower energizer Experiential Education Frontloading Gift + Passion = Change group management icebreaker IceBreakers Indoors Large group Large groups leadership listening mastery Model No Equipment Needed No Materials NoMaterials Outdoor Debrief Outdoors Outdoors Large Group Debrief Frontload Passion Plus/ Delta Powerpoint Prisoner Vacationer Changemaker problem solving Psychology quiet short silent skills Small Groups Strategy Support team building Teaspoons of Change Theory Three Levels of Leadership Tuckman